The School Council is an ideal opportunity for pupils to get more involved in the way the school is run. The School Council benefits the whole school, pupils and teachers, because it provides opportunities for pupils to communicate their feelings as well as influence decisions that are made. Councillors develop skills such as confidence, communication and negotiation.
Our School Council
Our School Council is a group of pupils elected by their classmates to represent their opinions and views and raise issues with the Acting Headteacher and Governors of the school. To be effective our School Council:
- Represent all pupils and include as many pupils as possible;
- Take time to listen to all pupils and communicate their views;
- Feedback to pupils
- Make things happen or explain why they can’t happen;
The School Council meet regularly with Ms Peart, Acting Deputy Headteacher.
This year the School Council have:
- Fundraised to buy Christmas gifts for underprivileged children. The gifts were delivered locally by Sister Scholastica of Oaklea Convent, Sunderland.
- Fundraised to support Local and National charities: Poppy Appeal, CAFOD, Diocesan Youth Ministry Team, St. Cuthbert’s Care, Good Shepherd Appeal.
- Carried out a survey/audit of playground equipment and worked in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team to purchase new playground equipment for each Key Stage yard.